Another vacation rental season is almost upon us. Have you checked your home to ensure it is ready to begin welcoming your guests? It can be overwhelming, ensuring you have everything covered before the busy season begins. We have compiled a helpful checklist of things to not miss when getting your home ready for the vacation rental season.
- Check appliances, change light bulbs, change filters, general cleaning
- Check the pantry for any food that may have been left behind
- Clean out of the fireplace and open the chimney flue
- Call to restore utilities and waste management
- Clean storm drains and gutters
- Check any water alarms, light timers, cameras or home-away devices
- Check all filters and ensure HVAC system is running properly
- Inventory linens, pillows, sheets and comforters. Ensure there are a few sets of extras.
- Pool & hot tub maintenance
- Uncover the grill, refill propane tank if needed
- Call pest control to spray inside and out
- General yard and weed maintenance
- Clean windows
- Check carbon monoxide and make detectors
- Check for broken, loose furniture
- Check outdoor lighting
- Inventory of kitchen utensils and dishes
- Check the operation of coffee maker, microwave and other appliances
Making sure your home is stocked and everything is in working order is crucial. When your investment property is properly ready to welcome guests, vacation memories are made and, hopefully, repeat guests are created. Find more helpful checklist for vacation rental homeowners through this link.