Marinated chicken thighs are grilled to perfection and served with warmed corn tortillas, pico de gallo, and cilantro.
Course: Main Course
Calories: 241 kcal
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 20-22 mini white corn tortillas , warmed on a skillet*
- Pico de gallo
- 1 /2 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- fresh lime juice
- hot sauce , optional (our favorite for Mexican food is Valentina)
- sour cream , optional
For the Marinade:
- 4 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1½ Tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1½ Tablespoons ancho chili powder or chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Make chicken marinade by combining all marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Add chicken thighs.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill over medium-hight heat. Oil the grill with canola oil or spray generously with cooking spray. Remove chicken with marinade and place on hot grill.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping once (thickest part of the chicken thigh should register about 165 degrees).
- Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for a few minutes before chopping into small pieces.
- Layer two warmed mini corn tortillas together. Top with chopped chicken, pico de gallo, cilantro, hot sauce, and sour cream (optional). Spritz with a little bit of lime juice. Serve immediately.
- Serve with a side of Mexican Rice or another Mexican side dish.