Peppermint extract, baking chips, cheesecake pudding, and an Oreo crust make this Peppermint Dream Dessert a delectable treat family and friends will love. It’s perfect for the holidays!
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Category: Desert
- 1 14.3- ounce package Oreo cookies – you’ll need 20 of them and will use the whole cookie
- 4 tablespoons unsalted buttermelted
- 1 3.4- ounce package White Chocolate OR Cheesecake instant pudding mix we liked it better with the White Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- red food coloring
- 1 8- ounce container Cool Whip divided
- 10- ounce package Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips divided
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate separated
In a blender or food processor, finely crush 20 of the Oreo cookies.
In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter and finely crushed cookies until well moistened.
Press into an ungreased 8 X 8-inch baking dish or line the pan with parchment for easy removal and cutting of the bars.
Place into freezer while mixing other layers, for at least a half hour.
Using a grater, grate the white chocolate into a bowl.
Mix the package of pudding mix with the 1 1/2 cups of milk in a small bowl and place into refrigerator to set.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peppermint extract and confectioners’ sugar.
Fold in 1 cup of the Cool Whip and mix until well blended.
Add red food coloring one drop at a time until the desired hue is reached.
Place dollops of the cream cheese mixture on top of the Oreo crust and gently spread.
Evenly distribute half of the grated white chocolate and 1 cup of the baking chips over the cream cheese layer.
Place dollops of pudding over the top and with an offset spatula, gently spread to completely cover.
Spread remaining Cool Whip over the pudding.
Refrigerate for at least two hours or freeze for one.
Optional, in a plastic bag, break up 8 of the remaining Oreos.
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate, peppermint baking chips and cookies, if desired over the top just before serving.