The Outer Banks’ Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and Bodie Island Lighthouse under the Milkyway by Instagrammer Patrick Jerome
When we’re not at the beach we’re dreaming of the beach. Such a simple statement, but with so much truth in it. Sandy toes and salty kisses signs can be found in homes across the United States, with OBX bumper stickers on the back of mini-vans and Jeep Wranglers in their driveways.
All you have to say are these two words “Outer Banks” and the reply is always “OH I LOVE THE OUTER BANKS!” It’s exciting that in this digital age, you can get a daily fix from the OBX wherever you are… from the cold-snapped Minnesota lakes to the wind-blown midwest this winter.
Instagram is a great visual place to feed that Outer Banks beach lifestyle, so, here are a few Instagram fun accounts that inspire us on the Outer Banks:
Follow @twiddyobx for great scenes all over the Outer Banks, with plenty of gorgeous sunrises
With over 16.8 thousand followers, and 2,700 posts it’s clear that Twiddy has an enormous influence on beach goers and beach lovers to the Outer Banks.
1,000+ OBX Vacation Rentals🏠 A tradition in Southern Hospitality Since 1978.
Let us help plan your Outer Banks Vacation! 🌊☀️🏖
Book your vacation: www.twiddy.com
Follow @obxstuff for an almost insider view of the Outer Banks
With over 31.7k followers, and 1,255 posts, they certainly know their OBX stuff.
Sharing 📸 relating to North Carolina’s Outer Banks. Use #OBXStuff to be featured.
Shop 👇 Outer Banks T-Shirts
Follow @neiljernigan for mind-blowing photos of NC wildlife like never seen before, from our nearby wildlife refuges
With 2,401 followers, and just 754 posts, each and every post a wildlife photo captures by Neil himself. Most beach goers are unaware of the incredible NC wildlife in our own backyard.
Neil Jernigan Photographer & Outdoorsman. Based out of eastern North Carolina.
Follow @resortrealtyobx has captured the OBX vibe in muted colors and gentle ocean breezes
With 7,406 followers, and 1,275 posts with each one taking us to a dreamlike place on these Outer Banks.
Over 550 #OBX vacation homes from Corolla to Hatteras Island 🏠🌾
Tag us in your photos with #ResortOBX and your pets in #ResortPetsOBX to be featured!
Here are a few more we think you may also enjoy:
- Brett Barley @brettbarley | 71.3k followers | Local pro-surfer in Hatteras
- Wes Snyder @wessnyderphotography | 8,371 followers | Local OBX Photographer
- Seaside Vacations @outerbanks | 23k followers | Vacation Rental Agency
- Currituck County @currituckobx | 13.2k followers | Northern Outer Banks
- The Outer Banks @theouterbanksnc | 105k followers | Official Tourism for Dare County’s Outer Banks
- Jennette’s Pier @jennettespierobx | 5,786 followers | Fishing Pier in Nags Head
- SAGA Realty & Construction @homesbysaga | 1,166 followers | Premier Real Estate Brokerage Firm and Custom Luxury Home Builder
- Be sure to follow the hashtag #outerbanksnc on Instagram (before this year these hashtags were fantastic but are now filled with a streaming series by the same name #obx #obxlife) this is how we stumbled across the amazing astro-lighthouse photography from @Patrick.Jerome below.
Pea Island NWR by Instagrammer Patrick Jerome on the Outer Banks, N.C.
Did you know the Outer Banks is a real estate hot spot right now? The option of living anywhere while working remotely has opened this fabulous laid back beach community to many young families and professional couples. With interest rates at a record low, and the economy going strong on these barrier islands, NOW is a great time to move here.
If you would like to learn how to make the beautiful Outer Banks your full-time residence, second home or as an investment opportunity, just give us a call at 252.301.3090 or click below.
Feel free to search all Outer Banks homes and land for sale from the OBX MLS here. Also, we can build any of our homes on your lot starting from $187,800, explore our floorplans and beach communities here.